ArtPV™ is the product borne of the collaboration between ClearVue Technologies Limited (ClearVue) and Zurreal Pty Ltd (Zurreal).
ClearVue has developed proprietary patent-protected, energy efficient, energy generating, solar glass and window modules (see: www.clearvuepv.com for more information on how it works).
Zurreal has a proprietary high-resolution imaging technique for the application of high-definition artwork, images and advertising onto surfaces including glass.
ArtPV™ combines the best features of the Zurreal artwork with the clear power generating features of ClearVue’s solar windows to create grid-independent power generating art glass displays and advertising panels.
The ArtPV™ product can be implemented for use in many ways, including:
- as building façades – for example:
- between floors in a high-rise building as part of a glass curtain wall solution;
- as whole sections or sides of buildings to provide visual interest to the building and/or provide a more shaded solution for sections of a building that might otherwise employ tinting to reduce visible light entering the building;
- façade art can take the form of high-definition textures, custom artwork, branding and logos, advertising or promotional content;
- integrated into the built environment including for use on street furniture such as bus and tram shelters, train stations and highway/road barriers as self-powered lighted see-through art and advertising;
- as indoor or outdoor backlit advertising panels, signage and billboards;
- in applications where stained glass windows (whether backlit or not) might be used including as artwork or for religious icons and artwork, or for schools and other public buildings; and
- anywhere else that high-definition art glass is desired that needs to be backlit or the application otherwise requires localised grid-independent power.